eACH RESIDENT IS UNIQUE.
What makes our Memory Care program special?
The Memory Care Community at The Legacy at Highwoods Preserve has been designed and is used to enrich the lives of those living with Alzheimer’s (or other related dementias) as well as their families. We take a complete-person approach and focus on the residents abilities and embrace the uniqueness of each person. The health, nutrition, physical and mental stimulation, social engagement, creative expression, and relaxation are all part of our daily programming.
What will Life look like for my Mom in Memory Care?
This is a purposeful community to serve a special mission. Giving your loved one the best care and life. The Legacy at Highwoods Preserve focuses is on the needs of each resident, so they feel valued, successful, peaceful, cared for, and loved. Our program accounts for the understanding that each resident is different. Our residents have different likes, dislikes, abilities, and goals. We have a complete program that reflects these differences which preserves the rights and dignity of each resident.
Who We Serve
The Legacy at Highwoods Preserve caters to residents living with different types of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s, vascular dementia, Parkinson’s, and many others. We provide 24-hour care and have full-time nurses on staff. In addition, we cater to our residents’ abilities, focusing on what they are able to accomplish instead of what they can longer accomplish. This approach allows us to engage memory care residents while maintaining their dignity and allowing them to thrive and connect.
OUR PATHWAY TO SUCCESS
- We take the time to learn about each resident’s past and present to create more purposeful programming.
- Each activity utilizes Parallel Programming allowing for residents with different needs, interests, and abilities to partake in activities that foster a feeling of success.
- Care Team training is an ongoing practice here. Team members go through extensive training. During your family members stay you can be assured that our caregivers continue their training and develop their skills throughout the year. This provides continuity of care no matter whos caring for your loved one on any given day.
- We take into account opportunities for sensory stimulation focusing on sight, smell, temperature, touch, and hearing, to create more meaningful communication with our residents as well as reducing behaviors and agitation.
- To insure our care techniques and services are cutting edge, our programs are researched based and our staff training incorporates intensive and specialized training that goes beyond requirements.